A Flat Top Grill is the best solution for those who want to achieve a restaurant-style sear for grilled food. In a restaurant, a flat-top grill can be used to cook anything from eggs, pancakes, seafood, steaks, and burgers. It produces an even heat that is distributed well to cook foods perfectly. These grills are not only perfect for restaurants but will seriously upgrade your home grilling. The grill will add a perfect sear and slightly smoky flavor to the food, taking your cookout to a professional level.
What is a flat top grill?
A Flat Top Grill is a grill with a straight, flat surface to cook on. Like an ordinary grill, however, a flat top does not have any grate. A flat-top grill can also be used with pans or pots directly on top of it. The multiple heat elements distribute the heat evenly on the surface, allowing you to cook directly on it. The cooking surface is called a griddle plate. Traditionally used in a commercial kitchen, this grill is the right choice for cooking different types of foods.
The versatility of this grill is that you can also set a pot anywhere on the flat top, and it can be used as a heat source. Individual burners are used to control the heat per section and adjusted, as you require. The flat surface is made of cast iron and once seasoned works like a nonstick, cast iron fry pan. Typically, the flat top grill is more robust and versatile in comparison to a griddle. Prepare burgers, pancakes, eggs, seafood, and sausages with great ease giving you perfect results.
Benefits of Flat Top Grill
A flat-top grill is a fantastic, versatile addition to your outdoor cooking repertoire. They are perfect for grilling burgers, making a delicious breakfast of pancakes sautéing veggies, or forgetting that perfect sear on meat. Flat top grills are proving to be a popular tool for outdoor grilling due to their capabilities and convenience. Choosing the right grill for you can be tricky due to the amount of choice one has in the market today.
What are the advantages of a Flat Top Grill?
Flat Top Grill Is Hygienic
The flat surface is easy to clean and maintain hygiene. Simply use a paper towel to wipe the flat surface after cooking. Leaving your grill ready for the next cook. A good grease management system will channel grease away from the food and allow you to dispose of it easily.
You can cook almost anything on a Flat Top Grill. From beef, chicken, pancakes, seafood, vegetables the list goes on. The cold-rolled steel grills distribute heat evenly ensuring you get perfectly cooked food every time.
Most Flat Top Grills are portable and easy to use. Some are designed to be more portable and allow you to transport the unit and set it up on various surfaces with great ease. Depending on your needs choose one that has the correct attributes for you.
Best for Any Season
The Flat Top Grill is ready for you to cook in an instant. Suitable for all seasons, summer, winter, spring, or fall the grill is easy to ignite and clean making your cooking process quick and easy. The propane fuel source ensures the flame never dies, even in a windy or humid environment.
The 5 Best Flat Top Grill Our Top Picks
5 Best Flat Top Grill Detailed review
Blackstone Table Top Grill – 17 Inch Portable Gas Griddle – Propane Fueled – For outdoor cooking while camping, tailgating, or picnicking
Blackstone Table Top Grill is the ideal grill to cook multiple foods at the same time, thanks to its 260 square inches of cooking space. A generous-sized, non-stick, flat surface allows for direct cooking of multiple items at the same time without the need for additional pots and pans. Once you are done cooking simply wipe down the surface with a paper towel to clean it.
The ‘H’ style burner is used for heating the surface quickly. Optimal heat distribution ensures the heat is spread evenly. Suitable for home use in your back yard or a great companion when camping, making the Blackstone Table Top Grill the perfect solution for you. This is the best budget Flat Top Grill you can purchase for a tasty food experience.
- Uses a convenient fuel source, a one-pound propane tank. Compact solution for camping and road trips.
- This model is fitted with an electric igniter, which ensures a smooth start.
- Outdoor cooking made easy with the Cold-Rolled Steel Griddle Top, giving you a durable surface that’s easy to clean.
- Two hundred sixty square inches (15.25in X 17in) flat top surface is the ideal place to grill or cook your food.
- Stainless steel “H” burner distributes the heat evenly. For fast cooking, the grill can provide heat up to 12,000 BTU.
- Highly professional, intelligent design to make the food tastier and healthier. Lightweight and easy to carry.
- Excellent engineering for cooking
- Heat up to 12,000 BTU for fast cooking.
- Electrical ignition for easy fire up.
- “H” shaped burner for even heat distribution.
- Lightweight to carry by hand.
- Propane Tank and the bulk tank hose adapter accessory not included.
- Can take time to heat up.
Blackstone 28 inch Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle Station – 2-burner – Propane Fueled – Restaurant Grade – Professional Quality
Blackstone 28 Inch Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle Station is the perfect solution for cooking for large crowds. The Blackstone Flat Top Grill is the best portable Flat Top Grill for the home giving you restaurant-style grilling in your back yard.
Cooking steaks, burgers, and pancakes easily the Blackstone 28 Inch Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle Station delivers a satisfying cooking process. It has four adjustable burners that can be individually controlled on demand.
- Large cooking surface, the flat top grill has a 470sq inches surface to cook on. Suitable for any kind of grilling, frying or teppanyaki style foods.
- With the excellent portability feature, the grill has is easy to use and assemble—no need for any charcoal, kerosene, or matches to fire up.
- An easy push-button ignition which is battery powered is used to fire up the grill.
- With four industrial strength caster wheels, you can move and position the grill anywhere. The removal griddle top allows for portability
- Long-lasting materials like powder-coated black steel are used for the Blackstone grill making it super easy to clean.
- There are two adjustable heat zones built into this griddle. These heat zones allow you to cook and prepare different foods at different temperatures simultaneously.
- A stainless steel burner adds to the durability and efficiency of the grill.
- For a versatile cooking option, the 15,000 BTU stainless steel burners are used and can heat up to 30,000 BTUs.
- Great portability feature.
- Easy to fire up with push-button ignition.
- Comes with a 90-day warranty.
- Made with durable and robust steel.
- Well-controlled versatile burner.
- Super easy to clean the grill.
- Grease dripping system not efficient and makes cooking messy
- Grease removal from the drip pan tricky.
Camp Chef Versatop Portable Flat Top Grill 250 and Griddle (FTG250) – Compatible 14″ Accessories
Versatop Portable Flat Top Grill 250 is the best lightweight Flat Top Grill in the market. Only 24 pounds is in weight. The compact dimensions coming in at height 18 inches, length 17 inches, and the width is 8 inches.
The VersaTop Grill System has a handy 247 square-inches of the flat top surface to cook on. Equipped with Camp Chef’s true seasoned, non-stick surface there is no need to oil and season the grill. Making it ready to cook when you are. It is also compatible with the 14-inch Artisan Oven & 14-inch BBQ Box
- The grill is known as Flat Top Grill 250 and allows for great portability.
- An automatic ignition system will help you fire up quickly, no need for matches and charcoal.
- Smart and well-regulable 15,000 BTU burners heat the flat top evenly.
- The non-stick coating of this grill allows for a better sear and crispness to food.
- The adjustable heat control knobs regulate the flame evenly.
- Integrated grease management system with grease tray and grease cup
- Easily adjust and stabilize the grill with unique adjustable leg levelers.
- Attach with the accessories like Camp Chef 14’’ (Blue Label) and BB30L & PZ30. T
- The grill uses 1-lb Propane Canisters.
- Automatic ignition system to fire up.
- Even heat distribution.
- Smart design and safe for cooking.
- Compatible with the accessories.
- Lightweight making it portable.
- Accessories and Propane Canisters are not included.
Cuisinart Flat Top Professional Quality Propane CGG-0028 28″ Two Burner Gas Griddle
Cuisinart Flat Top Professional Quality Propane Flat Top Gas Grill is a versatile griddle that allows you to prepare meals easily. It has 644 sq inches of cooking space and two burners and heat zones for even and consistent cooking.
A dual grease management system with two removable drip cups in the front makes for easy clean-up and management of grease from the cooking area.
Two wheels allow the griddle to be moved easily to where you need it. Leveling feet allow the griddle to be used on any type of uneven surface. Removable side tables allow for extra side space to rest tools and spices when cooking. Regulation of the two burners ensures maximum control over the fire. Temperature ranges from 200° to 450° F. Making this the best Flat Top Grill for you.
- The cold-rolled steel makes this distinctive grill more robust and long-lasting.
- A dual Grease Management System with a drip tray and cup allows for good grease management.
- Folding design allows for compact storage.
- The grill heats us quickly and heat is distributed evenly.
- Easily moveable and mountable anywhere. Get restaurant-grade food in your backyard.
- Generous grill for large volumes of food
- Effortless portability and installation.
- Flexible control of heat by two burners.
- Even heat distribution.
- Easy to clean
- Large cooking surface, but only two burners.
CUISINART CGG-888 Grill Stainless Steel Lid 22-Inch Round Outdoor Flat Top Gas, 360° Griddle Cooking Center
Cuisinart CGG-888 Grill Is made from stainless steel with a 22-inches round flat top grill. The round shape allows you to cook over 360° of the surface. The dimension of the Flat Top Grill is length 31.75 X width 40.13 X height 43.63. This makes it suitable for a small space in your backyard or on your deck.
A stainless steel lid has built-in vents for steaming and convection-style cooking. It also has a handy hook to hang the lid. Underneath the lid, you will find a 22-inch diameter, preseasoned steel griddle top. Designed to funnel excess runoff to the grease management system, which is a trough on the outer edge of the griddle. The grease is then diverted to a removable cup.
Cuisinart 22-inch Two-Burner Griddle gives you the cooking satisfaction and taste of a high-end restaurant. The temperature can be controlled from 200° to 550° F, helping you cook food perfectly. A folding side prep table is attached and can be extended as your need it— All these superb features make it The best round-shaped Flat Top Grill to purchase.
- Two individual burners heat up to 30,000 BTUs and can be controlled independently.
- A smart grease management system draining to a grease cup makes the Flat Top Grill easy to clean.
- Unique design allows you to roast, smoke, bake, or steam your food.
- The stainless steel build makes the grill durable.
- The foldable side table provides extra space for placing your cooking tools and ingredients.
- A stainless vented lid, a paper towel holder, and a removal grease cup make the Flat Top Grill well designed and useful.
- Vented stainless steel lid.
- It can heat up quickly.
- Two burners for heat control.
- Even heat distribution.
- The side table provides extra space.
- Good grease management system.
- It needs time to assemble.
What is a Flat Top Grill?
The Flat Top Grill is a grill with a flat surface to cook on. Heat is distributed evenly with multiple burners, which allows for better heat control.
What can you cook on Flat Top Grill?
Almost all the foods can be prepared on a Flat Top Grill. Sausage, seafood, pancakes, fatty bacon, or marinated meats can be cooked on a flat top grill.
Is a Flat Top Grill healthier than other grills?
Yes, it is healthier as minimal oil is required to cook the food and surplus grease is directed away from the food using a grease management system.
Flat top grills have been increasing in popularity due to their hygienic and convenient properties. The commercial and industrial design of the Flat Top Grill is getting more popular by the day, and new technology has improved the quality and versatility of these grills. These are ideal for modern-day lifestyles, taking the hassle out of a traditional grilling experience that can be time-consuming and labor-intensive.
Above, we discussed the five Best Flat Top Grill that can be a helping hand to your everyday meals. While any of the 5 grills listed would enhance your grilling experience, our recommendation for the best Flat Top Grill would be the Cuisinart Flat Top Professional Quality Propane CGG-0028 28″ Two Burner Gas Griddle.
Last update on 2021-05-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API