Do you love grilling but concerned you don’t have space for a large outdoor grill? A fun experience like barbequing is all about good food and great company. With outdoor spaces getting smaller, people are opting for alternate grills.
Luckily there are many small propane gas grills on the market to fit almost any sized space. These compact gas grills take up less space, but they will deliver on original BBQ flavor and offer better portability. Gone are the days where you have to sacrifice the quality of grilling when you go on a camping trip or tailgating. Some small propane gas grills are easy to transport and will make your grilling experience simple and easy.
To make the process easier, we have rounded up the top 5 small propane grills for you to choose from. Small propane grills vary in size, shape, function, and style. That’s why choosing the best small propane grill can be a challenging task. Below we discuss the five best small propane grills with complete reviews to help you choose the best grill for you. Let’s get grilling
Is a small propane grill worth that much?
If you have a small place and enjoy grilling without any hassle, the best solution is to buy a small propane gas grill. Meals while camping and spending time outdoors on picnics will get a serious upgrade with a portable propane gas grill. They allow for immediate ignition, searing heat all wrapped up in a durable, portable housing..
Choosing a grill that suits your specific needs will ensure you always have a perfect grilling experience, be it on your patio or the beach. Most grills are made of durable materials that are easy to clean and lightweight enough to transport. They also have a lid that allows you to close it, preventing grease from getting everywhere while you transport. The small gas containers are also handy as they are light and easy to get refills. Best to always keep a spare gas refill handy in the event you run out the mid grill. Factors like these really make buying a small propane gas grill worth it.
Things to Consider Before Buying Small Propane Grill
The first thing to consider is the area where you will be grilling. If it’s for your home, where will the grill used and will it fit within that space? This could be in a backyard, patio or a roof deck, always choosing a well-ventilated area. Will you need to move it to different areas of your home, does it have wheels and is it easy to move? If you are going to primarily use the grill for camping and picnics, you need to make sure the grill is compact and light in order to move it around. Portable grills generally don’t take up much space.
Check the build quality of the propane grill, cast iron or stainless steel would be the best material to choose. These materials are mostly recommended for cooking equipment because they are robust, hygienic, and easy to clean.
As a consumer, you should consider durability, as grills are an investment that should last you a long time. Grills need to withstand high grilling temperatures and various weather conditions especially if stored outside. A solid build made of good quality material will allow for portability, ease of cleaning, and guard against rust damage.
Choosing a well-known brand with a good reputation is often a good choice when buying a propane gas grill. They often are more expensive but they will last you longer and offer a better grilling experience.
Depending on where you plan on using the lightweight propane grill, size and weight is an important factor. A big bonus of most of these grills is their design to be portable around the different areas of your backyard or home. If your primary use will be when traveling makes sure it’s compact and easy to transport.
Top 5 Best Small Propane Grill | Our Top Picks
- Weber 44010001 Spirit II E-210 2-Burner Liquid Propane Grill – Best Overall
- Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill – Best Durable
- Cuisinart CGG-059 Propane, Grillster 8,000 BTU Portable Gas Grill – Best Portable
- Weber 50060001 Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill, Chrome – Easy to carry
- Cuisinart CGG180 CGG-180 Petit Gourmet Gas Grill with VersaStand – Bestseller Propane Grill
TOP 5 SMALL PROPANE GRILL DETAILED REVIEW
Weber 44010001 Spirit II E-210 2-Burner Liquid Propane Grill – Best Overall
We marked this liquid propane grill as best overall. Why you may ask? First of all, this is manufactured by one of the most well know company’s Weber. They have a long history of making the best quality grills using excellent materials. They use porcelain-enameled cast iron, which makes the grill long lasting, and you can use a standard 20lb LP tank. A fantastic feature is the stainless steel heat deflector, which distributes the heat really well.
Enjoy grilling on your Webber for a minimum of 10 years. Do you know why? Because it has a ten years warranty and that is huge. Every time you start the grill, you will feel like it is the first time you are using it. We think this was going to be the best pick for you.
- Two burner gas grill built to fit in small spaces
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grids
- Grease management system/tray
- It has a folding side table with a compact open cart design allowing for more storage
- Durable all-weather wheels
- iGrill capability allowing you to connect probes like thermometers to your mobile device
- Side hooks to hang your essential accessories like BBQ tongs and spatulas.
- It has a warming rack, which keeps food warm for a long time.
- It has easy access and removal system of gas tanks.
- Even heat distribution
- Easily control temperature settings
- Lots of storage space under the grill
- Has foldable side tables and hooks
- High-quality build
- 10-year guarantee
- It has no cool-off handle
- It doesn’t come with a cover
Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill – Best Durable
Are you looking for the best durable gas grill? Our expert team marked the Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Gas Grill as the best durable grill for its price point. Not only is it great value for money but also it offers great power in terms of heating. You are able to up the temperature to the maximum extent at once, providing a quick sear to your food.
The Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Gas Grill will provide you with more versatile cooking temperatures resulting in an excellent BBQ experience
- The primary cooking surface is porcelain coated and is 20-inches wide and 14-inches deep. It provides you with a vast space for grilling lots of foods.
- This gas grill’s lid and the firebox are made of porcelain-coated steel, which provides extra durability even in harsh weather conditions.
- It comes with 2 stainless steel burners, which makes it more durable and long-lasting, and providing an excellent heat controlling system.
- Though it’s a relatively small gas grill, it has 6-inch wheels giving you comfort while moving it around.
- Two metal side shelves, about 12*13.5 inches in size, give you extra space for additional grilling accessories and spices.
- Good value for money
- Lightweight and durable
- Can grill large quantities of food for its class
- Side burner for heating
- Low pre-heat time
- Easy to move
- Compact size
- Cover not included
- Inconsistent heating
- No natural gas compatibility
Cuisinart CGG-059 Propane, Grillster 8,000 BTU Portable Gas Grill – Best Portable
Cuisinart is comitted to producing innovative, functional and top-quality products. The company is a full-service culinary resource with a wide array of home appliances including the best portable propane grill ever.
The Cuisinart CGG-059 Propane Grillster is light enough to be taken anywhere, weighing in at just 10 pounds. It features a locking lid, a large carrying handle, and collapsable, folding legs perfect for storage. Take it camping, use it on your small patio, take it to the beach, or a sporting event. The compact size is perfect for times when you don’t need a large grill and fits perfectly on a tabletop. What makes this the best small gas grills of 2021 Is its easy set up allowing you to start grilling within a few minutes.
- Lightweight design, weighing in at just 10 pounds.
- The sizeable carrying handle makes it easy to move, allowing for extra comfort.
- It has a compact, streamlined design, but delivers the power of a large grill.
- Two burners with twist-start ignition.
- Even heat distribution is ensured with its porcelain-enameled cooking grate.
- The idea for quick meals required minimal setup, and you can start grilling within a few minutes.
- Equipped with a drip tray to collect grease and drippings
- Easy to clean as its grating are dishwasher safe.
- You can access the grate when you lift its hood.
- Compact design easy to transport and store
- Dishwasher safe grate
- Foldable legs
- Large handle on the hood
- Controls are of an inferior quality
- Only suited for grilling small amounts of meat at a time
Weber 50060001 Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill, Chrome – Easy to carry
Camping trips with family and friends go hand in hand with enjoying a great BBQ. Many states limit lighting wood or coal fires due to the risk of wildfires, which can be limiting. While sitting around a camp might not be allowed you still want to enjoy the taste of flame-grilled foods. We have the perfect solution for you with the Weber Q1000.
This gas grill is highly portable and one of the best-selling gas grills on the market. Easy to carry, small size, and light in weight taking up minimal space. While you won’t be able to grill large quantities at once, you will definitely be able to enjoy great flame-grilled meals. Easily serve 4-6 people.
The Weber Q1000 is a liquid propane grill with the solid build quality. Webber uses high-quality aluminum, allowing for durability and long-lasting use. It’s great for backyards or small spaces, but it works even better for outdoor activities and camping trips.
- It has 189 square inches of cooking area
- Durable cast-iron burner, 8500 BTU
- Easy Push-button ignition ensuring a quick start
- External grease tray allows for easy disposal after use
- Stylish and modern design with lid
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates
- Heavy-duty aluminum construction
- Small and compact design
- Arrives fully assembled
- Easy ignition system with push button
- Well assembled and always ready to use
- Highly portable
- Grease tray included
- 5-year warranty
- Allows for only cooking small quantities of food
- 8500BTU burners
Cuisinart CGG180 CGG-180 Petit Gourmet Gas Grill with VersaStand – Bestseller
Cuisinart is comitted to producing innovative, functional and top-quality products. No wonder that the Petit Gourmet Portable Gas grill is one of their top sellers.
The Petit Gourmet Portable Gas Grill with integrated VersaStand. An adjustable telescoping base allowing you to stand the grill anywhere. The small and light design allows you to transport it with great ease for your cooking convenience. Although the grill is compact, its ample cooking grate is large enough to cook most family meals.
- It has a long telescopic stand that holds about 160 square inches of grilling area. Considering its size this area is large enough for a family meal for 4 people.
- Takes a few minutes to set up and easy to pack up after use.
- Made of lightweight materials the Petit Gourmet Portable Gas Grill is easy to carry despite its cast iron grill, coming in at less than 20lbs.
- Ideal for use in homes with limited space and small enough to pack in the boot of your car for use on trips.
- It has a briefcase-style handle for which you can hold it easily.
- Comes with a lid latch and drip tray which is spill-resistant
- Generously sized grill for its small size.
- Super portable
- Can set up just about anywhere
- Easy to use and store
- Durable and long-lasting
- Have three years of warranty
- Can be used as a tabletop grill or stand grill
- The handle is made of plastic and has been know to melt under high temperature
- Some issues with the lid opening when carrying
What type of gas should I use with a gas grill?
Answer: Most gas grills use a propane tank. The majority of gas grills use metal tanks full of liquid propane (LP) gas. The advantage of LP gas is it comes in a portable tank, and it is available widely.
Are gas grills better than charcoal grills?
Answer: Gas grills are ideal for a quick start and easy grilling, but gas grills cannot provide you the traditional smoky flavor of a charcoal grill.
What is the best small propane grill?
Answer: Weber 44010001 Spirit II E-210 2-Burner Liquid Propane Grill – Best Overall
Can I hook up natural gas to my propane grill?
Answer: If your gas grill is designed to use multiple gas options in your grill, you can use natural gas for your propane grill. Please follow manufacturer instructions when choosing the correct gas.
How do I replace a gas grill igniter?
Answer: If your igniter is damaged, then don’t panic they are easy to replace. Purchase a new one and follow the user manual to assist in replacing the unit. Alternatively contact customer support for further assistance. e.
Why won’t my gas grill get hot enough?
Answer: If your gas grill doesn’t get hot enough, then check the regulator properly. It will help you to increase heat.
There are many brands worldwide that are manufacturing various types of propane gas grills. As you are looking for the best small propane grill, we researched this and suggested the best options to suit your needs. Our research will certainly allow you to make the best decision. We wish you many happy grilling adventures with your friends and family.
Last update on 2021-03-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API