Do you need to grill and smoke food at the same time? Do you want to save time grilling and add a unique taste to your grill? Then, the most suitable option for you is to have a gas grill combo. People enjoy using the grill smoker combo rather than individual grill or smoker due to its versatility. In modern civilization, a grill smoker is very convenient to a user for better grilling and smoking.
There are different kinds of gas grills smoker combos. They vary according to shapes, sizes, and styles. Deluxe models with all the bells and whistles can be expensive, and others a bit more cost-effective. How do you decide which is the better option?
In this article, we discuss the best gas grill smoker combo with two alternative combos. By the end of the review, you will be able to make a decision on a grill that suits your needs.
What is the value of a combination grill and smoker?
A combo gas grill and smoker provides many advantages to a user. A high-tech grilling system can provide considerable cooking power to a cook. On the other hand, a smoker adds a unique flavor to your food, making this a perfect combination to deliver delicious and mouthwatering meals.
The build material of the grill smoker is steel. Steel is a very durable and lightweight material. This will allow you to easily move the unit around in the backyard. The cast-iron grates are solid and should last a long time. A well-insulated grill will ensure even heat distribution from the main burner.
A gas grill comes with lots of accessories like a deep pan, temperature gauge, digital temperature monitoring system, ash collector, air blower, and many more. The design of a combo set is unique and attractive. A good design should easily match the exterior design of a backyard.
What To Look For In A Gas Grill Smoker Combo
It is important to consider some of the basic features before buying the best gas grill smoker combo. Below is a list of what we consider to be vital considerations:
The most important feature of a gas smoker is heating power. Achieving the desired temperature quickly will ensure good results when you grill or cook your favorite food. More cooking power provides a more intense grilling quality. So, choose a grill smoker combo that provides optimum heating power.
People love the steel-made body of a grill smoker for many reasons. Steel is sturdy but lightweight, and also very durable. The metal also conducts heat well, ensuring the delivery of heat evenly from the main burners. This will also enhance the heating capacity, resulting in a better end product. Mobility is also important, and a sturdy set of wheels will allow you to move the grill smoker around in your backyard or to store it away with ease.
The performance of a grill smoker lies in not only heating power but also how much air can pass through the burners. Increased airflow enhances the cooking power and consumes less fuel. You should also take note of the hopper or fuel tank compatibility, the temperature control setting, how efficiently the grease trays work. These factors will all contribute to the ultimate performance of the grill smoker.
A grill smoker is available in various shapes, sizes, and colors. When making your decision consider where the unit will be placed, the design aesthetic it needs to match, and for how many people you will generally be cooking for.
Top Best Gas Grill Smoker Combo | Top Picks
Top 5 Gas Grill Smoker Combo Buying Guide
Char-Griller 5030 2-Burner Gas & Charcoal Grill Dual Function – Best Budget
Char-Griller Burner Gas and Charcoal Grill is the best budget gas grill smoker combo. This is an affordable grill smoker coming in at a reasonable price. Despite the low price, it provides lots of unique features to a user.
The total cooking area of the Char-Griller burner is 870 sq. inch. So, you can cook for 8 to 10 people at a time. This Char-Griller Trio gas charcoal smoker grill provides impressive cooking power.
- Total cooking area of the Char-Griller is 870 sq. inch. It also provides 606 sq. inch of primary cooking area.
- Porcelain-coated cast-iron grates are very durable and rust-free. It distributes heat evenly to the burners.
- There is an ash pan under the burner that helps to collect all the ashes without hassle.
- The design of the Char-Griller is very attractive and has a high-end look. It has a professional design for expensive smokers.
- The heavy-duty steel construction makes the griller smoker very sturdy. Considering the price point the unit is designed and constructed extremely well.
- Sturdy construction on wheels, allowing you to move it around easily in your backyard.
- Solid construction, made from triple gauge steel
- Includes temperature gauges on both chambers
- Ashpan removable for easier cleaning
- Not a lightweight combo to deal with
- The exterior coating can degrade over time – purchase a cover to prolong the life span.
Why Do We Recommend It?
Char-Griller provides some unique features with impressive heating power at an affordable price. It is the best dream choice for a budget buyer.
Oklahoma Joe’s Charcoal, LP Gas, and Smoker – Best three-chamber grill and smoker Combos
Oklahoma Joe’s grill smoker is the best three-chamber grill and Smoker on our list. The grill comes with three main burners that help you cook your desired food in a very short time. You also get a three-burner propane grill as well as a dedicated side burner
There are two chambers where you can cook separately. The cooking space of the grill smoker is 1060 sq. inch. It produces 12000 BTUs cooking power. It helps to grill and smoke your food at the same time. Oklahoma Joe’s grill smoker is the best gas-charcoal smoker grill combo on our list.
- The main cooking space of the grill smoker is 1060 sq. in which is insane!! 750 sq. inch primary cooking space gives you great satisfaction for cooking.
- Three burners make your cooking easy and efficient. You can control the burner individually.
- The burners produce 12000 BTU cooking power that is enough to grill your favorite steak.
- Included is a professional temperature gauge to know the exact temperature. You can easily control the heat on demand.
- A firebox door with an air damper allows for easy cleaning of your grill smoker. The design of the Smoker is attractive and stylish.
- Ultimate versatility
- Smoke and Heat control
- Storage Shelf
- Cool-touch handles
- Temperature Gauge
- The steel-made body could rust
- There have been reports of the temperature control being faulty
Why Do We Recommend It?
Oklahoma Joe’s grill smoker is famous for its versatility and quality, delivering excellent results for a user. It combines 3 devices into one as you can use it as a charcoal grill, gas grill, and Smoker.
Smoke Hollow 3500 4-in-1 Combination 3-Burner Gas Grill with Smoker, Charcoal Grill – Best Versatile 4-in One Combo
Smoke hollow is a combination of Gas Grill+Smoker+Charcoal Grill. Smoke hollow is a renowned brand for its cooking ability.
You have never seen such a beautiful combo of Side Burner and Smoker Box. You get a large cooking area of about 860 sq. inches. Also included are a secondary cooking space, chrome-plated warming rack, and a temperature gauge.
Hollow comes with a 10,000 BTU Stainless Steel burner. A very efficient fuel-consumption system gives the ultimate satisfaction for both grilling and smoking. For all-around performance, we choose this as the best versatile gas grill smoker combo from our list.
- 860 sq. inch cooking area gives you a generous area to cook your food.
- Porcelain-coated steel wiring grates provide a vast Cooking space.
- A conveniently located ashes pan can be found under the grill smoker. It allows you to remove the ashes without any hassle.
- The combination of traditional charcoal with an offset smoker will allow you to grill and smoke at the same time.
- Hollow has 10,000 BTU durable Stainless Steel Tube Burners.
- The package comes with a smokestack, temperature gauge, seamless connection, side air vent, and wheels for easy movement.
- Huge cooking space
- Substantial cooking power
- Good accessories
- Heatproof handle
- Preparation table includes
- It has a removable charcoal tray
- No premium ignition system
Why Do We Recommend It?
Smoke Hollow 3500 is a grill for everyone, from a beginner to a professional. It has a large cooking space and is portable. It has a good selection of added accessories and has an adjustable charcoal pan.
PIT BOSS PB1230G Wood Pellet and Gas Combo Grill, Black – Best Wood Pellet and Gas Combo
PIT BOSS PB1230 is one of the most popular wood pellet and Gas Combo Grill on the market. This is an ideal model if you can’t give up on gas grills but are open to replace charcoal with wood pellets for smoking.
It is an alternative for the Gas+Smoker combo. Pit boss opens a new era of grilling methods and produces a multifunctional BBQ machine.
The interface of the grill smoker is straightforward to use. You get a pre-installed sausage hook that gives you great flexibility. The stainless steel and cast iron construction make the grill very durable and rust-free. We call it the best wood pellet and gas combo.
Do you know what the unique thing about this wood and gas combo is? It has a flame searing up to 1,000° F. The extraordinary design with 1,000 Sq. Inches’ cooking surface is more than enough for a medium-sized family.
- The main cooking space of the grill smoker is 1000 sq. inch. The cooking space is very convenient.
- A heavy-Gauge steel body makes the body very sturdy.
- You get an excellent temperature indicator that helps monitor the exact temperature inside the burner.
- 180° To 500°F temperature
- The pit has a Slide-Plate Flame Broiler with it.
- Stainless Steel and cast iron construction
- Temperature gauge
- 1000 sq. Inches cooking area
- Uses the old version of pellets
- Not ideal for a large family
- Unit is rather heavy
Why Do We Recommend It?
PIT BOSS PB1230 is a great choice for gas and smoker as it has a wood and gas grill combo. Both are able to operate independently, giving you two units in one. We choose this as the best wood pellet grill smoker combo on our list.
Z GRILLS ZPG-450A 2020 Upgrade Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker – Best Wood Pellet+Smoker Combo
The design of the Z GRILLS ZPG-450A wood Pellet Grill and Smoker is very compact. A sleek and slim design makes it light in weight. The unit also has an array of unique features. The interior is made of Stainless Steel & Metal. If you are looking for a lighter unit you will enjoy the fact that is comes in at only 84 pounds in weight. This is lower than any other combos on our list.
You can grill and achieve perfectly smoked and delicious food. From seared steaks to a low and slow brisket or short rib, this is the unit for you. There is a built-in thermometer that gives you a reading of the exact temperature inside. Convenient controls allow you to adjust the temperature on demand.
If you are a Smokey meat lover and have experience in wood BBQ, then you can definitely go for this masterpiece. The BBQ with Z-Grill requires less effort and the ideal 2 in 1 combo to your backyard.
- Z-Grill smoke combo gives you two individual methods to cook your favorite food.
- You can grill your steak as well as smoke it at the same time.
- Two adjustable air vents provide air circulation to infuse smokier flavor into your food. A built-in thermometer displays the exact temperature.
- Allows you to set the temperature between 180°F to 450°F
- The assembly system of the grill smoker is very easy.
- Two individual access doors help you to access the main chamber conveniently.
- You can clean it easily.
- Z Grill has two features Grill and smoking
- Super Multifunctional
- Versatile and durable
- Large cooking area of 450 sq
- Latch cooking system
- Two access doors
- Old model
- Not very portable
Why Do We Recommend It?
Z-grill combo is the top-rated and top-selling product in the current market. We suggest this as an excellent option for a lightweight combo. There is lots of new technology in the current market. So choose wisely.
What is the best grill smoker combo?
The best grill smoker combo is Char-Griller 5030 2-Burner Gas & Charcoal Grill Dual Function.
Are you able to make smoke and grill at the same time?
Yes, you can. A grill smoker provides your grilling and smoking at the same time. The burner of the griller helps to grill your steak precisely. On the other hand, add some flavors of wood chips to give your favorite steak a smoky flavor.
Is there is a gas grill with a smoker?
Yes, Oklahoma Joe’s grill smoker works on both gas and charcoal. You can also use it as a smoker by adding some wood chips while you are cooking.
At what temperature does meat stop absorbing smoke?
There is no exact temperature or time to absorb smoke. At the temperature of 170-degree F, the smoke ring stops growing.
Is smoking better than grilling?
Smoking makes your steak juicer and more delicious. It adds a different flavor to your grilles food according to your requirement. Also, some tougher and larger cuts are better suited to smoking rather than grilling.
Grill smoker combo can have some drawbacks. However, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. One of the main features is that you have two units combined into one, this means that you save on space but you also save money. Investing in one unit that has both features rather than investing in expensive individual units has great benefit and saving. Do you enjoy grilling and smoking? Then a grill smoker combination is perfect for you. We discussed the best gas grill smoker combos that are currently on the market. We hope that this helps you make the right decision for your needs. Happy grilling and smoking this summer.
Last update on 2021-09-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API