There are many recipes for oven-roasted chicken, but this one will work better since it has been tested for chefs and restaurants for a long time.
This recipe includes perfectly dosed spices and will keep your chicken tender and juice, avoiding it from becoming dry.
The ingredients needed for this recipe are:
- 1 Whole Chicken (medium-sized, about 2 kg.)
- 30 gr. Rosemary
- 20 gr. Thyme
- 20 gr. Sage
- 20 gr. Oregano
- 80 gr. Paprika
- 40 gr. Salt
- 5 tbsp Olive Oil
The process to prepare the oven-roasted chicken is:
- Start by preheating the oven at 220 °C, then keep the chicken at room temperature.
- In the meantime, all of the herbs and spices together, then start to chop them finely.
- They need to be as thin as possible.
- Put the chopped herbs and spices mix in a small bowl, then add the 40 gr of salt and the black pepper.
- Place the chicken in an oven dish, covered with a baking sheet, and proceed to spread the olive oil o it until it’s completely oiled.
- Take the spices and the herbs and begin to rub them on the chicken; the more you rub in this stage, the tastier the chicken will be.
- Use the remaining herbs to fill the chicken.
- Once it’s ready, place the chicken in the oven and allow it to cook for 10 minutes.
- Once the first 10 minutes are passed, flip the chicken upside down to roast evenly.
- After 20 minutes, set the temperature to 165°C, and using a spoon, make the sauce in the oven dish and spread it on the chicken. Then put the chicken back in the oven. This step is crucial since the chicken will now cook slower and keep its moisture.
- Let it cook for the remaining 40 minutes.
- Then take it off the oven and allow to rest 15 minutes before serving.